I have to apologise for being so slack and not having posted anything for the past couple of weeks, no excuses but there hasn’t been a lot to update either so i though i would wait until I had some actual news/updates.
So, last week I got an email from a lovely chap from a brew pub in Chicago. i had been putting out the proverbial feelers the past few weeks/months to find a brewing partner for myself and Mr Dan Donegan. I don’t remember if I mentioned this previously but Dan approached me about making a beer together and I of course said yes. What I’ve been trying to do since then is work out how to actually pull it off. I had been looking around for some info or contacts in the US brewing scene and in then end just sent out some cold emails and finally got a response. I was about to give up any hope of getting a lead but finally received one. I called Dan about it on Friday and we spoke for a bit and he was quite keen, so he will check out the brew pub and see what it is like and we’ll then decide if we should go further and create a collaboration brew with these guys. I’m deliberately being rather vague on specifics, such as the name of the brew pub, becaus ei’d rather wait until we have something more concrete before rushing out and making grandious announcements.
In wine news, I had another meeting with the winemakers and I’ve got some sample bottles of Cabernet and Shiraz at the price we are looking at. Labels and cartons are well along now and I just need to finalise some capsules and we are cooking.
I’ll announce more soon however and I promise to post more often in the coming weeks.